Robert T. Burks, MD
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- sports medicine specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
- Robert W. Metcalf presidential endowed chair in orthopedic surgery
- Chief of Sports Medicine Division in Orthopedic Department
Dr. Robert Burks, Professor, specializing in the field of sports medicine and shoulder surgery. His practice focuses on injuries to and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Burks graduated from St. Louis University School of Medicine in 1978. He completed his orthopedic residency at the University of California at San Diego and subsequently did a sports medicine fellowship with Dr. Dale Daniel, MD, in 1983. From 1983 to 1986 Dr. Burks was in private practice in St. Louis, Missouri. In 1986 Dr. Burks moved to Wayne State University as director of sports medicine. In the fall of 1988 he joined the University of Utah, Department of Orthopaedics, and has been head of sports medicine since 1992. Dr. Burks practices at the University of Utah Orthopaedic Center and is in clinic on Monday and Thursday.
Robert W Metcalf, M.D. Presidential Endowed Chair
Chief of Sports Medicine Division in Orthopedic Department
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Steadman Hawkins Clinic
- Erickson GA, Burks RT (2016). Biceps Tenodesis: Arthroscopic Considerations and Fixation Options. In Abrams JS, Bell RH, Tokish JM (Eds.), Advanced Reconstruction: Shoulder 2 (2, pp. 201-211). Rosemont, IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Burks RT, Judd RJ (2016). Arthroscopic Single-Row Rotator Cuff Repair. In Ryu KN, Angelo RL, Abrams JS (Eds.), The Shoulder (Chapter 5, pp. 49-60). Thorofare, NJ: SLACK Incorporated.